FOOD!

Oh dear, this Uni lark is going to be the death of me. No I don’t mean surviving on 3 hours sleep cramming a 3000 word essay into one night and then stupidly going out the night after. I mean the never ending cycle of burger bars, cafes, pizza deliveries, full English breakfasts, Starbucks and the absolute devil; Chinese ‘All you can eat’ buffets. I swear one of these days they are going to have to take me out of one of those in a wheelbarrow. I can’t remember the last time I actually cooked. There was probably something that made me give up on the idea, possibly after I mysteriously managed to burn microwaveable noodles (Silly/Embarrassing story). Or maybe it’s the fact that I walk out of a lecture and I’m bombarded with leaflets saying ‘Buy one get one free at Dominos’ which is conveniently situated across from my Uni building.  
I get to the weekend and although I’m about a fiver richer I feel slightly robbed if I haven’t had my weekly trip to Starbucks. What the heck happened to make my usually cheapskateish brain suddenly deem it acceptable for me to spend what used to be 2 weeks pocket money on a drink that I never quite get to the end of anyway. More than that, what made my brain deem it to be a necessity?!
Suddenly my weekdays are not named by the titles they were christened with. Instead they are characterised by; ‘Steak Club Day’ (Monday), ‘Domino’s Day’ (Tuesday), ‘Cooked Breakie Day’ (Wednesday) and so on. Now the question ‘What should we have for tea tonight?’ is answered with ‘Ooo which day is it?’
I wouldn’t mind but most of the time i’m not even hungry. It just seems wrong if your boyfriend offers to pick you up a Subway (Of which my Sub of choice is bacon on extra bacon with bacon) to say no and make him feel silly for eating alone. No? Just me? Ah okay.
My other nemesis’ are my nights in, a time when it should be easiest for me to avoid food (Well unless I feel like chicken noodles with chicken noodles: The basic contents of my cupboard.) I can’t seem to manage staying in without an endless supply of chocolate. Don’t get me wrong I will attempt to kid myself into thinking it’s to make me feel better about staying in and doing work, but who am I kidding? Watching endless repeats of Friends isn’t exactly work.
I should really stop complaining. I’m hardly going to change. Unless a health freak comes in and says ‘Hey actually, ten burger bars next to each other IS ridiculous’ I don’t think I’ll be giving my tummy a rest any time soon. Anyway, best stop typing, my chocolate buttons are melting.
Mmm yummy dessert I had at the Chinese Buffet.
Love L x